Multani Mitti or Fuller’s earth is a clay which has healing properties which fight against acne and blemishes. It was originally used in the wool industry as an absorbent. It is rich in magnesium chloride which help reduce acne. Since centuries, multani mitti is being used by women especially in the Asian continent for a glowing flawless skin. It can be used as a cleanser, toner, and face pack and is inexpensive as well.
Let’s look at some benefits of Multani Mitti on the face.
- One reason why multani mitti does an amazing job is that it removes the dead skin from the skin. The skin is able to breath better which brings a glow on the skin. It removes the impurities from the skin and remove all impurities which clogs the pores which prepares the skin for serum and cream application. This way the serum and cream work better on the skin.
- For people with oily skin, multani mitti does wonders. Make a paste with rose water and it takes away all the oil from the face.
- If you have dry skin, mix multani mitti with milk, almond paste and it does wonders to the skin as it really hydrates the skin.
- Take multani mitti, mix it with water and rub it all over your skin, it improves blood circulation.
- To reduce blemishes use a pack of multani mitti with tomato juice, turmeric and sandalwood powder. Apply and leave for ten minutes and then rinse it off. It also brightens the face.
- If you have any pimple marks on your skin add neem paste, camphor and ground clove powder, make this into a paste by mixing rose water. Use this paste regularly to reduce the pimple marks.
- Multani mitti when mixed with an essential oil helps reduce sun tan, pigmentation and overall improves the skin tone. It also leaves the skin soft and hydrated.
- Mix multani mitti with ground almonds and make a thick paste with milk/rose water. It works really well as a scrub
- It also works as an amazing toner. Mix multani mitti with curd and apply it on the face. Leave this paste for 15 to 20 minutes.
A word of caution for all you lovely ladies with dry skin. Do not over use this as multani mitti dries up the skin further, which might aggravate the situation further.